You will find the contractual license below but I know you are unlikely to read it all. Here is a quick primer:
- You are responsible for the use of the image and whether your specific use requires the permission of any person or company.
- You must not use the image in a pornographic or defamatory way.
- Standard Royalty Free licenses allow you to use the image as often as you like, but they do not give you permission to resell the image.
- Extended licenses expands on the standard license to allow you to use the image in much larger projects and to offer the image for resale on printed products such as a calendar, clothing, wall print etc. and in a software, film and any digital media
The detail is in the full Agreement below, but I hope that gives you enough information to choose either the lower priced standard royalty free licenses that give you a choice of file size or the extended license that only is offered with a full size download.
Thanks for reading this!
Hebstreits provides two types of licensing: Standard Royalty Free and Extended. Our standard Standard license permits you to use the purchased media in multiple projects through the terms described below. Our extended license extends the standard license by the possibility to use our media in articles intended for resale.
Our Standard Royalty Free License (RF)
Subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below, the following are ‘Permitted Uses’ of media purchased from us:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license) up to an unlimited number of prints;
- school or university projects;
- social media post or profile image;
- decorative background on a personal computer or mobile device;
- online or electronic publications, including web pages, blogs, ebooks and videos, limited to a maximum of 64,000,000 total pixels (for example: 8000px x 8000px) per media file where un-edited.
Our Extended Print License (EXP)
Our Extended License expands on our Standard License in the following ways:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards up to an unlimited number of prints;
- entertainment applications, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters up to an unlimited number of prints;
- prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for personal or promotional purposes, resale, license or other distribution up to an unlimited number of prints.
Our Extended Digital License (EXD)
Our Extended Digital License expands on our Extended Print License in the following ways:
- design elements (Props & Scenery) in television broadcasts, commercials, short film & full-length film productions;
- design templates for resale (Software, Apps & Web distribution);
- design elements on software applications for resale (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows/Linux applications);
- in themes, skins and other electronic software meant for resale with unlimited amount of pixels per media file where un-edited;
- use any of the Stock Media as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- all permissions from the Extended Print License are included in the Extended Digital License.
Both our Standard and Extended licenses permit you to use the purchased media in multiple projects.
- install and use the Stock Media in more than one location or post a copy of the Stock Media on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Stock Media or the rights granted under these terms;
- use Stock Media identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of Stock Media means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Stock Media
- use the Stock Media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Stock Media into disrepute;
- use the Stock Media in a way that places any person depicted in the Stock Media in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Stock Media containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use Stock Media in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying Stock Media in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering Stock Media for sale;
- use the Stock Media for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Stock Media or in audio/visual production credits: ‘© Hebstreits’;
- incorporate the Stock Media in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Stock Media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Stock Media as an electronic file;
- use or display the Stock Media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display Stock Media in such a manner that gives the impression that the Stock Media were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Stock Media.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.
Licensing notice for the resale of maps
Note: All maps licenced as produced work under Open Database Licence (ODbL) 1.0. You are free to use the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially. If you plan to resell the map on a print in addition to our licensing options, you will need to specify an appropriate credit such as © OpenStreetMap contributors.